Tideswell at UCSF
Tideswell at UCSF focuses on one of the greatest needs in healthcare today – improving the quality of care for older adults with chronic conditions and functional limitations living in our communities. This population accounts for a large portion of healthcare costs in the U.S. By applying and adapting the most compelling research, care models, and training to the real needs of older adults in our communities, our work greatly improves the quality of care while significantly relieving the burden on families, communities, and the economy.
Historically, scientific research has not focused on the needs and concerns of older adults or their caregivers. Older adults are routinely excluded from large research trials of medicines and clinical innovations, and, as a consequence, evidenced based approaches to care for older patients are not often put into practice.
What We Do
We are committed to improving care for aging adults living in our communities by:
- Developing, testing and disseminating best practices for providing optimal patient care
- Attracting and training caregivers and future leaders in the field
- Partnering with others focused on elder care
Why We Do It
Current standards and accessibility of caring for the aging must be transformed so that:
- Every person has the knowledge and skills to treat older adults with the dignity they deserve
- Older adults receive the optimal care that they need now and can continue to live fulfilling lives in the community
For more information please visit the Tideswell website.