Clinical Fellowship Application
The UCSF Geriatric Medicine and Integrated Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Care fellowships utilized the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) Program, sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges. You may apply to multiple fellowship programs.
Note: Applicants for Research Fellowships and VA National Quality Scholars Program should contact Elaine Chow, Education Coordinator.
When to Apply
- February - April - Programs Register and Update Information/ ERAS Maintenance System
- July - Application Opens for the July 1st, Fellowship start date
- July - ERAS Post Office Opens
- August - Match Opens
- November - Rank Order List Entry Opens
- December - Quota Change Deadline
- December - Rank Order List Certification Deadline
- January - Match Day
- July - Start of fellowship
Who We Train
The UCSF Clinical Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine is a 12-month experience designed for physicians who have successfully completed an ACGME-accredited residency in internal medicine or family medicine. We seek individuals with exceptional talent, great interpersonal skills, and a strong drive to be at the forefront of advances in clinical medicine and research.
Applicants must have received a medical degree from a medical school accredited by the LCME, AOA, or one that is recognized by the California Medical Board (https://www.mbc.ca.gov/Applicants/Schools_Recognized/ ). All applicants must have passed USMLE Step I and II.
Your ERAS application should include the following:
- A completed ERAS Application
- A current curriculum vitae
- A one-page personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from your past or current program director)
Medical school transcripts and USMLE/COMPLEX transcripts are mandatory. Photos are optional. Interviews will be arranged by invitation only following review of the completed applications. We are no longer accepting paper applications.
Please note that applicants are encouraged to discuss the various opportunities for training with division faculty to determine which options provide the best fit. Often this will happen during the interview day.
For any additional questions, or for requests for information regarding the UCSF Geriatrics Fellowship program, please contact our Education Coordinator.
Education Programs Specialist
For information about insurance and benefits available to fellows at UCSF visit the UCSF HR website.