Clinical Fellowship Application
The UCSF Geriatric Medicine and Integrated Geriatric Medicine and Palliative Care fellowships utilized the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) Program, sponsored by the Association of American Medical Colleges. You may apply to multiple fellowship programs.
Note: Applicants for Research Fellowships and VA National Quality Scholars Program should contact Elaine Chow, Education Coordinator.
When to Apply
- February - April - Programs Register and Update Information/ ERAS Maintenance System
- July - Application Opens for the July 1st, Fellowship start date
- July - ERAS Post Office Opens
- August - Match Opens
- November - Rank Order List Entry Opens
- December - Quota Change Deadline
- December - Rank Order List Certification Deadline
- January - Match Day
- July - Start of fellowship
Your ERAS application should include the following:
- A completed ERAS Application
- A current curriculum vitae
- A one-page personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation (including one from your past or current program director)
Medical school transcripts, USMLE transcripts, and Dean's letter are not required. Photos are optional. Interviews will be arranged by invitation only following review of the completed applications. We are no longer accepting paper applications.
Please note that applicants are encouraged to discuss the various opportunities for training with division faculty to determine which options provide the best fit. Often this will happen during the interview day.
For any additional questions, or for requests for information regarding the UCSF Geriatrics Fellowship program, please contact our Education Coordinator.
For information about insurance and benefits available to fellows at UCSF visit the UCSF HR website.