Jump to a Section:
Click on the button below to see resources related to the topic.
AARP Family Caregiving support warmline.
Do not need to be a member. Monday-Friday 7AM-11P English - 1-877-333-5885 and Spanish - 1-888-971-2013
The Alzheimer’s Association offers a free 24/7 Helpline to help problem solve any challenges you may face after hours: 1-800-272-3900
- COVID-19 Tips for Dementia Caregivers by the Alzheimer’s Association
- AARP Practical Tips for Caregivers about COVID-19
- 5 steps for family caregivers during Covid-19 from AARP
- San Francisco Disability and Aging Services (DAS) offers expanded home care options in response to COVID-19. DAS Home care options matrix 415-355-6700
- Family Caregiver - How To video series
- U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Managing Someone Else’s Money Guide: Information on managing money or property of a loved one who is unable to pay bills or make financial decisions.
- Retire Guide made three easy-to-read guides on Medicare: one for understanding coverage, costs, eligibility, and enrollment, a second one specific to Caregivers to help them navigate the potentially complicated enrollment process, and a third one discussing benefits and discounts available to seniors to help them make the most of their retirement dollars.
Donate or Volunteer
Donate or Volunteer money, supplies or your time and energy to these organizations:
- UCSF Health needs and opportunities
- Citizen Science participate via a smartphone
- Volunteer from home and help food banks
- 9 ways to help others during the pandemic while in quarantine by the Idealist
- Letter Against Isolation (LAI) - An organization started by two teenage sisters who started writing cards and letters to their grandparents during Covid. The sisters quickly realized these letters and cards profoundly impacted their grandparents. They then created LAI for everyone to utilize in order to spread the love and end elder isolation. Volunteers can sign up to send cards/letters to any number of recipients in a care facility with different locations around the world.
- SF Government - Be an emergency volunteer
Geriatrics Community Resources webpages managed by: [email protected]